Conversations matter. Powerful conversations lead to wise action. The Art of Hosting is a 2.5 day experiential learning retreat for leaders, learners, facilitators and anyone in organizations and communities wanting to create more meaningful dialogue and step more fully into participatory leadership, using several methodologies.
Join Tom Brackett, Cheri Leonard, Jane Gerdsen and a remarkable community of other practitioners for this training. We will learn how we can bring people in our communities or organizations together to have different conversations about what needs to change and how and build a sense of connectedness and shared purpose. For more information, contact Jane Gerdsen at email@example.com.
Registration Information: This Art of Hosting training is May 10-12, 2016. We will begin at 9 am on May 10th and conclude by lunch on the 12th. Cost for double room occupancy is $200; single occupancy $250. Scholarships are available for those who need them. Register here. Registration deadline is May 2, 2016.
The Training offers
- a 2.5 day learning experience where you will practice a set of simple yet powerful approaches for designing and hosting powerful conversations, engagement processes and meetings.
- facilitation methods including the Circle Way, World Café, and Open Space
- an experience to learn better ways to work with groups that evoke the collective wisdom and self-organizing capacity of people
- a way to respond to challenges in creative, authentic, innovative, and effective ways
- teaching on human dynamics patterns so you can understand and recognize them
- a remarkable community of practitioners, supporting each other to deepen our ability to facilitate strategic thinking and wise action
Need to know more? For more information about the training process check out the Art of Hosting website.
Tom Brackett is the Missioner for Church Planting, Fresh Expressions and Ministry Re-development for the Episcopal Church. Tom is an expert host and community facilitator, having trained hundreds of people in Art of Hosting over the last 6 years.
Cheri Leonard is an artist and family psychotherapist. She has been in private practice for more than 20 years. Cheri has been leading the Art of Hosting gatherings for 6 years. She brings with her a deep respect for the courage needed to escape the exile of the rational and the grace needed to bring a whole community along in that work.
Come ready to challenge your assumptions, be purposeful in conversation and find new ways to create the self, organization, community you have been longing for!